1. When someone treats you with the respect you feel you are entitled to, as opposed to that which you actually deserve.
2. When someone pretends to care about the random thing that is pissing you off at the moment.
3. When someone plays dumb rather than cuss you out.
4. When people worse off than you listen to your complaints.
5. When someone describes your views as “unique” rather than “idiotic”.
6. When someone describes you as “inner-directed” rather than “selfish”.
7. When someone describes you as “aloof” rather than “airheaded”.
- 1,439 hits
- #135 (no title)
- “Make My Crunk the P-Funk”: My Review of Outkast’s “Stankonia” (Village Voice, 10/31/2000)
- “Self-Hating Hicks”
- A Semester in Hell, Part One
- Crawling on All Fours: The Shameful Retreat of Pop Music Criticism
- Excerpts from my Vernacular Reading of Milton’s “Samson Agonistes”
- I’m Rick James, B*tch: The Artist Behind the Super Freak